Many homeowners are turning to automatic home generators to protect their homes and families during a power outage in Potomac, MD. A permanent home generator installation will protect your home automatically.
Within seconds of a utility outage, an automatic transfer switch will sense the loss of power, which in turn instructs the generator to activate and then transfers the electrical load to the generator, which will then supply power to the circuits.
An automatic generator is safer than a portable generator. Your Potomac, MD home is protected against deadly carbon monoxide poisoning with a home generator installation and is at risk when using a portable generator. Also, your home generator runs off of natural or LP gas and is less expensive than gasoline for a portable generator. Also, natural gas does not need to be refilled.
The process for a generator installation for Potomac, MD homes includes—
- First, you will need to find a location for your generator installation at your home in Potomac, MD. You should pick a well-drained area that does not flood and is stable. Allow enough room around the unit to be able to move around during maintenance. You can save costs on the installation if you keep it close to the natural gas line or propane tank and the electric meter.
- The next step for your generator installation will be to prepare the site at your home in Potomac, MD with either pea gravel or a concrete slab.
- The generator will then be placed on the concrete slab or pea gravel.
- Once the generator has been set in place, the fuel line will be connected.
- The transfer switch is then installed next to the main breaker box inside your Potomac, MD home. The transfer switch is what senses where the power is coming from and when to switch to the generator also when to switch it back.
- After the initial generator installation, the technician will check to make sure it works correctly.
Check with the team at Pullin Electric. They will be happy to help you in your unit selection for the generator installation at your home in Potomac, MD, as well as install it for you and help you maintain it so it will always be in working order.