Not only does outdoor security lighting protect your home and family by discouraging would-be intruders from targeting your Potomac, MD home, but also adds dimension and beauty to your home. Outside security lighting allows physical detection and facial recognition diminishes hiding spots and expands your sense of security.
There is a right way and a wrong way to light up your house with outdoor security lighting, but you never want to light your home up like a Christmas tree. When you over-illuminate with security lighting, you draw awareness to precious items at your home in Potomac, MD. The team at Pullin Electric can help you with your choices for security lighting both inside and out and install your new lighting for your Potomac, MD home. They will come to your home and help you determine the placement of each light that will ensure you and your family’s security and safety.
When choosing your home security lighting, aim for the following—
- Security lighting should provide a clear view of the area which should include people, fences, and walls.
- Allow facial recognition for at least a distance of 30 feet.
- Tasks, like finding your keys, walking your dog, getting the mail, and taking out the trash, should be made more comfortable and much safer.
- When spending time outdoors around your home in Potomac, MD, you should feel a great sense of safety and security.
Installation Guidelines for Security Lighting—
- Pick a place where the light fixtures can’t be easily tampered with.
- Adjust light fixtures downward, so they are not directly pointing to the street or your neighbor’s home.
- For sensor lights, test the light’s fixture sensitivity to motion and adjust as needed.
- Always use wire covers to protect the fixtures.
- Integrate indoor and outdoor lighting to work together to give you the most safety.
- Add timers so your lamps indoors will come on automatically when you are away from home. This gives your home the appearance that someone is home and deters intruders.
Outdoor security lighting should be appealing. It should help you to navigate around the outside of your Potomac, MD property and allow you to identify obstacles and possible hazards such as a change in the elevation of the property. Last but not least, outdoor security lighting should discourage trespassers and provide security for you and your family.