For those do-it-yourselfers, this isn’t for you. First, visit a local Potomac, MD Kohler dealer such as Pullin Electric. They will come to your home for a FREE in-home assessment at which time they will discuss the power needs of your family when your power goes out and recommend a standby generator for your specific needs.
The generator installations process will be explained, and they will help you decide the best location at your home in Potomac, MD for the installation of your generator and transfer switch. There is no obligation to buy. You will be given a written estimate with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Once you make your selection on the right size generator for your family’s needs, a time will be set up for your generator installation at your Potomac, MD home. On the average, installation takes one or two days, and it should go something like this—
- The team at Pullin Electric will handle any local permits if required.
- A licensed electrician will install a transfer switch.
- Next, the installation team will place your generator in place. Usually, on a concrete pad just like the one most homeowners have for the heating and air condition unit.
- The electrical lines will be connected from the transfer switch to the generator unit.
- After the electricity is hooked up, a pipefitter will make the necessary connections from the fuel source to your generator.
- Once the electrical hookups are complete, and the generator is hooked up to your fuel source, you are set to go. Your generator installation is now complete.
Now that your generator installation is complete, the next time there is a power outage in the area where you live in Potomac, MD, within seconds your power will come back on automatically. There is nothing you have to do, and what’s even better, you don’t have to be home. No more spoiled food, no more walking around in the dark when you have a standby generator installation at your Potomac, MD home.
A generator installation for homes in Potomac, MD will not only make your life much more comfortable during a power outage, but it will save you money in the long run. The number one expense that most homeowners complain about when they lose power is the loss of food. A standby home generator installation is a great investment for your Potomac, MD home as well; it should increase your property’s value.